Friday, March 6, 2009

My Name Is

Mar-Yam. Although my name is so oldskool, I nvr fail to hear different versions of it. Some are Mary-yam, Mariam, Yam, Yam2 and the latest Mar-Yam. Cos my Prof begged to differ that it's not supposed to go by Mari-Yam but Mar-Yam wout the Ri. Well wateva u kol me, most likely I will respond.


Well, it's only the 1st week of March but boy, it sure was hell hectic already! For the record, I only took my tpt ride home once on Thurs this week. Sheesh! On Mon right after werk, sis and I rushed to Mosque st to book the unlikely to happen Japan trip. Ya the guy mentioned 50/50 but more like 70/30 of not happening. Cos it's supposed to be a Muslim tour (with a visit to the mosque there, ironically), I just couldn't imagine any other Muslims who would be interested in touring the Land of the Rising Sun in Apr. Nevertheless, we have booked it (not to worry cos sis is sponsoring me the entire package) and will be planning for a back up tour. Otherwise, I could only look forward to perhaps our Langkawi and BKK trip.


On Tue I was sure getting myself ready waiting for my tpt religiously. However, somehow the tpt seems to be coming later than usual and I received a call from BFF. Thot she just wana inform me of her bday wishlist but instead wanted to drag me out for a hangout. And she has not even decided where to meet since she's at Pasir Ris at that time and me on the other side of the island, Boon Lay. How perfect! And finally we decided to meet at Bugis. Man, the first ever ride from Pioneer mrt all the way to Bugis really a pain in the ass. hee! quite a long journey I must say! gross. Did a bit of jln2 and had dinner at Fish n Co. Gosh! It's been sometime since I last dine there as I had just recovered from my damn rashes. It was a pretty bad attack this time hitting the most unimaginable places and I must've been scratching myself pretty well every nite. Had seafood platter for TWO cos I failed to argue with her to settle for seafood platter for ONE. But she finished up the mussels in a breeze.


Wed was the day to meet the fiance since it was his off day. Hurried over to Jurong West to grab my lenses from my fave auntie. Happy that I was advised to get the normal lenses wout astig cos I be saving more $$$..hee! So i confidently say to auntie, "See u in 6mths time!" Since I grabbed my 6 mths of supply. Sadly she informed me that they will be going into retirement within that period. Haizzzzzzz. It's saddening as I've been faithfully buying my lenses from her since my first time and nvr ever bought at any other places. I've been wearing lenses since I was 17 and that would be a total of 9 solid years...Sobs. She took down my number to inform me of any upcoming clearance sale.... :(


On thur since I have nothing planned and thot of just keeping the day free to rest, took bumpy tpt home. Instead of bumming in the house, I sent mom to BP mosque swiftly, drove partially in the bus lane and then realised that it's wrong and got the wira parked at our lot again. Dragged sis to Pasar Mlm and bot junkies home.


Today a day that I wld've known will pass by speedily. Waiting anxiously for the hot date with the prof for the JC visit at 1pm and had superb early lunch at 11am. Ate the half-filled with rice tupperware packed with so much love and rice by mak and was too full to think or do anything aft that. The drive (my first one with a prof) took longer than I expected thru PIE and was lost at a dead end for the intended shortcut route. hee! thankfully, it's over now and I was already lookin forward to my facial with Jamu Wellness. My last facial was more than 4 yrs ago that all I remembered was my face turned red the next day due to the steamer. So this time, I clearly mentioned to the therapist to avoid any heat if possible. Surprisingly even the bed now has a heater thingy. That kept my body warm thruout the treatment. After a good relaxing slightly more than an hour on the bed, I opened my eyes blurly. Took the winding 172 home. Checked my face for any unusual spots thankfully found none. But I could still see my white heads ever so clear. eeeee! Guess will bring mom there for her bday treatment.


Finally this weekend will be packed! Will be catching Benjamin Button tmr (I know so last mth) with the groupie at PS and still havent decide wat to wear...Sad to mention that my fave black skinny jeans bought from Batam during 2008 CNY is spoilt and it's time for me to move on to other jeans/ pants. Still couldn't find any other fave.


Funny when we're in the midst of doing werk, we tend to want to munch something that's not at ur table. Since I wanted to cut down on chocs (even if it's choc biscuits), I filled up my JUNK with Gummy burgers. But now seeing that the bottle's been filled up to the rim, I do not feel like eating them at all.





And a little contribution will do a GREATER damage to my tummy. Ordered Choc cream and Mint choc biscuits cos of the beautiful tins. Hopefully, the siblings will assist in sharing the fats.



And hey hey hey! Call me slow but I managed to finally put up the chat box. Yeah! But of cos will do a bit here and there more real soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home