Friday, December 1, 2023

Our Umrah trip

 

This was after we did Tawaf Wada’ and awaiting Subuh. Our timeslot was 3am.
Alhamdulillah the husband finally managed to solat right in front of Ka’abah.


This was taken while queueing to enter Rawdah.
Alhamdulillah. We managed to enter quite fast as new row was opened just for us. 

I have never thought that I would be invited to Makkah. Mom has been pestering us to go but we’re just happy with our staycations and nearby getaways. Then last June after our hotel hopping, husband decided to get us a package. Settled for Shahidah as the dates fit his and the son’s schedule. It also righfully fell on our 10 years wedding anniversary. It was such a wait as we need to get over the son’s 1st ever exams. He told my parents and his brothers about our intention. I was waiting for the right time to tell close friends. So I told none but one. 

When the day finally came, I didn’t know what to expect but my close cousins came. His bro and close friend and even colleagues. My one girlfriend with her family even sent us off. I felt nothing but so much love and appreciation to those who showed up. And the handful who did not managed to see us off actually came to see us beforehand. 🥹 While waiting at the gate and flight time was almost up, no announcement was made to enter plane. 
My feelings was a little off when I saw the crew walked out. Flight was to be delayed due to windscreen crack. 
The next few days were emotionally draining because no confirmed schedule was firm. Stalking the Changi departure tracking but it could change in a second.
Alhamdulillah. After 4 days of delay, we were finally going to Makkah. Not before the son had to puke in front of the massive crowd. 

I’m just grateful that the son has done great performing Umrah and waking up at odd hours to do tawaf. His body finally gave in when it’s about time to leave Madinah. And pretty sure he’s quite happy with his toys loot especially from Bin Dawood. 

Our package was quite pricey (even more expensive than my bags! Eh) but then now we know why. The hotels were luxurious and the buffet spread was really good. I had ice cream almost every day at Makkah. And the desserts at Madinah were pretty and yummy. 

Honestly, I was a little confused with the so many doa to be made for all my loved ones. I tried to remember the main ones and kept repeating them. The fears I had was what would be my retribution I’ll get for my past sins, whether my menses would just appear (took the pill and it worked) and the fact that I had to go solat all by myself. But Alhamdulillah. I was so thankful that it all went well. 

Basically our itinerary:

Day 0 (Monday)


  • transit to hotel
  • Given packed food in bus
  • Umrah


Day 1 (Tuesday)

  • bf at hotel
  • Solat at unknown masjid
  • Had fried fish for lunch hidang
  • Desert safari with buffet dinner
  • No camels cos they sick
  • Took ATV
  • Witnessed the prettiest sunset ever



Day 2 (Wednesday)

  • Jabal Rahmah
  • Arafat
  • Mina
  • Jamrat 
  • Lalu Jabal Nur
  • Umrah Jiranah


Day 3 (Thursday)

  • Umrah tanaim
  • Muzium Wahyu (learn abt prophet)


Day 4 (Friday)

  • Ziarah Walk around Makkah
  • Nabi place of birth
  • Friday prayers


Day 5 (Saturday)

  • Taklimat for Madinah departure


Day 6 (Sunday)

  • Tawaf Wada’
  • Subuh in front of Kaabah
  • Take train
  • Arrive Madinah
  • Raudah


Day 7 (Monday)

  • Ziarah Madinah
  • Ladang kurma


Day 8 (Tuesday)

  • Depart to Jeddah by train
  • Cold Al-Baik dinner
 How is it that it has been only 2 days and I’m missing the moments over there already? 😭
What started out praying together in Al-Mukminin, Al- Khair and now praying together in Masjidil Haram and Masjid Nabawi. 🥹
Allah knows best. 🤲

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home