Wednesday, January 16, 2019

10 years ago!

January’s taking forever. Woa and suddenly everyone’s doing their 10 year challenge. Why don’t want to wait till 2020? But all my 2009 photos were tudungless. 
However, probably good to ‘stocktake’ on my life back then and today.

2009 seemed to be eventful for me with life changing circumstances.
Went for my 1st trip to Japan (and Disneyland too!) and was so happy to have seen snow (on the ground) and felt it (like ice kacang seh). Didn’t think that I would ever go to Disneyland but it was like a dream came true. Lucky enough to have gone with my partner back then and boss allowed us both to take leave. Another big trip was to Perth and it was laid back compared to SG. Thankfully sis’ bff brought us around so tpt was no issue.
Alhamdulillah I managed to go to Perth, Melbourne and Sydney though not all in 2009.

It was also 10 years ago that many bffs got married.
Poly bff got married and I was suddenly a bridesmaid.
Another bff delivered her 1st baby girl.
Then sis’ 3 bffs got married too!

Towards the last quarter of 2009, I was faced with a broken engagement.
Being called fat and balding, only Allah knows how I felt. Some of the reasons or excuses given so that I would walk away. Truthfully I couldn’t remember which date I got engaged and did not keep a single photo of the event. All I remembered was how to deal with the relatives because well the engagement was called off during the holy month of Ramadhan.
Mom had to rush back from her Terawih prayers to settle this.
May Allah remind you always of what you’ve done. You’ve probably got what you wanted with someone slim and pretty (according to your taste) and not balding, not nagging at you to quit smoking or to start praying. Just hope you’re really happy having this true love. Oh happy birthday too.

It was 10 years ago that I experienced the worst heartbreak yet Allah sent me someone to make me whole again in a span of 2 months. After leaving a 7 year rship, I moved on with the next commitment and taking my own sweet time to know this totally new person.
Reminded myself again and again not to make any comparisons and to allow things to flow naturally. It was a new experience at a different level because I used to date weekly or more often but with Mr Gee (hahhahaha), we could go on for more than a month wout seeing each other. But the long dates (usually about 5hrs each time - what did we do in 5hrs I wondered) made up for the lost dates. I was normally ok with the arrangement but could cari pasal if it’s too much for me to take. Remembered all the sorts of starts-up to mini and major fights. Seriously after marriage, the fights and arguments gotten alot lesser.

For all that happened, I am very thankful. Alhamdulillah.
It was the year of my lowest point of life yet I found out the strength I had to build myself up again. With strong support of those around me. 
It was also the year that I got to know my husband (clueless back then)
I’m missing the guy I’m used to be close to.. the one I could have ended up with but realistically we know we can’t make it so always always drawing that thin fine line between us. But I know he’s doing great now married or not.


Gotta leave you with my fave photo of me and Fuji-san at the background.
Yeap those days there were no filters but with such views, you didn’t need one.
Pls eh not fat but bulked up cos of the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home