Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Cooking a storm

 Not really. Alhamdulillah that the husband tak cerewet especially for Sahur. So mostly I cooked finger food to eat with rice.
And thinking back, wondered how we managed to find time to eat out for Iftar. Cos the only times we eat out this time were at Mom’s or BIL’s.


1. Sardine rolls - my fave seh although oily. 
2. Kentang goreng Boyan - simple yet sedap. Managed to give some to the jiran.
3. Laksa with Sambal Tempe Ikan Bilis- playcheat la ni. Used Dancing Chef paste but the sambal tempe saved for Sahur too!
4. Roti John - can nvr be the same as pasar malam’s. Probably cos nvr add mayo and chilli and cheese sos.
5. Fried Kway Teow - husband’s least fave cos he doesn’t like the texture. But he still ate willingly.
6. Roti Kirai - nvr used the yellow dye cos I took my pandan leaves and blended them to retrieve the green for my kirai.
7. My first ever Apam Balik - Alhamdulillah managed to give in to apam balik cravings. Oh them jagung. ❤️

I am really doing it simple this Syawal. Insha Allah.
Gonna cook Rendang Ayam and Sambal Udang only. Cos can feast at Mom’s instead.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home