Saturday, September 30, 2017

Find the beauty. In every day

My then boyfriend (now turned husband) had been trying to convince me to put on tudung. But I told him firmly that i will don it on our wedding day. Of course, you should put it on only for Allah not because someone had asked you to but you will need a push factor. Otherwise, you will never find a day or reason to wear tudung.

So my wedding dresses had to be tudung friendly. It wasn't that difficult to select them. More importantly, I chose the bridal which was conveniently located as I knew we had to make a few trips down. And for the dresses, I had an idea on what I wanted. Nikah was not in lace or pure white. I chose an off-white dress (Yes! Dress not baju kurung) with a ribbon detail. It was simple and my MUA put on a shimmery tudung for me with a lil bit of gold headband. 2nd baju was meant for traditional songket but I chose a mini kurung instead with labuci2 and so the songket wasn't obvious. The 3rd western dress was a maroon with a 🎀 detail again! I love how kembang it was.


A simple tudung and a longer veil for nikah.


This was in turquoise with a crown on it.


I think some of his aunts loved the dress cos they said it's spanish. 🤣
So these were my first tudungs.


This was actually the cushion cover I bought from H&M home at Ave K.
Shd have bought a pair.

I believe wearing a tudung has a domino effect. Shortly after I put it on, my sis and SIL don it too.
Alhamdulillah. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home