Tuesday, April 3, 2018

42days

Around 40days left to Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah this time managed to finally tailor our wedding gift songket from bro-in-law and sis-in-law. Yes the songket which we received back in 2013 after our wedding. We went to our direct relatives’ and siblings’ houses to formally introduce each other. I bet you didn’t do it because oh well. And I didn’t know that those visits were meant for the uncles and aunties as well as siblings to offer us fruitful advices and even present us with gifts. I think the Malays called it ‘sembah-sembah’.

I remembered fondly of some advices till today such as to always pray together, inform each other if coming home late, avoid too much jealousy and to be patient with each other. Of course, I remembered the gifts too such as shawls, cloths and even telekung. And this was touching.. One of his Bibiks even gave us bedsheet (which wasn’t planned) although she had bought it for herself. She was not at her best of health to go out. To receive many useful words of encouragement was fulfilling enough but here we were, blessed with gifts. Syukur Alhamdulillah.


Yes! We’re going red this year! Insha Allah.

M is lucky as his Tok and Nenek will always get him his baju kurung according to THEIR colour theme. Aha! You read that right. So for these 4 years we never matched as our little family but I don’t mind cos even I didn’t wear same color theme back then before getting married. What matters more is I match with the husband. 😋

So glad that sis-in-law got me this tailor’s contact near M’s school. And the price was really reasonable at $38 for my not so mini kurung. 🤗 Will ask mom to try send hers next time. In the meantime, so excited for this weekend! 🎉

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home