Friday, February 22, 2019

Kuih Keria

I’ve been wanting to eat Kuih Keria for the longest time. Although I always sees them at a stall at interchange, tak tergerak hati nak beli because those kuih like didn’t move (asyik banyak je). So I googled and was so determined to try to make them from scratch. Last time I wanted to eat kuih bakar lauk so bad that I cannot easily find them (kuih stalls or even at weddings) but knowing how tedious just to make it, I learnt to be patient and found them at Tampines interchange. And of course to my disappointment, it tasted hard and not the one I imagined or craved about. These PMS cravings are worse than my pregnancy ones.

After googling the recipes online, I found that making these kuih keria is rather simple and straightforward. So I tried making them last weekend. Everything was nice and going perfect until the last part of sugaring them. Ended up with a glazed kuih keria instead. Glazed with sugar syrup. Guess the instructions was not clear enough to cook the sugar syrup till almost dry so that you get those flaky sugar bits stuck to them.

Yesterday since the kid had his excursion, I was free the whole noon before the husband gets home. Tried making them again. These time I used Japanese sweet potato (was really sweet) and it was more tasty. Nervous when it comes to the sugaring part so I added more sugar than water. Ended up as sugar syrup again. 😏
Stared at the pan and decided to reheat the syrup on stronger flame and I got excited when the syrup thickened alot. Quickly throw the keria into the syrup and it became harder to stir.
Finally! 


The dough seemed alot better and easier to mould not sure if it’s because of the different sweet potatoes used. 🍠 


When the disappointment kicked in that I ended up with glazed kuih keria instead.


And finally! Alhamdulillah. Successfully made them keria!
Remembered that the 1st try was a failure yet we finished them up.
Haha such a content for keria making. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home