Sunday, May 13, 2012

mom's (B)day!

 Mother's day wishes everywhere, mainly in FB but I wonder how many Moms actually read those wishes there. Waited patiently for dinner to come cos we gonna have our very 1st family steambot (including sis in law of cos)! Verrrrry excited cos I was the one who bot the steambot/ griller, he was the one who helped me carry it home. :) As we were to have a 'feast, I only had roti boyan for bf and pizza roti for lunch.
Tummy was growling oh so loud close to 7pm.


At least I killed some time by sending dad to grab his coach tic to Penang.
He even bot mom's presie in the vicinity and I asked him to get it wrapped.
But he told mom honestly that it was a blender and placed it in the kitchen..still wrapped. O_O
SO much for paying a dollar for the 2 pieces of wrapper.
Glad that he got mom the Philips blender instead of the cheapo ones in the end.
Oh I did not close the car door properly so had to drive with the inner light on all the way to cck.
Thot I cld rectify it by stopping but it kinda got stuck.
Anyways this was the worst ever cos I drove with the petrol door opened before from wdlands to cck. hee.


The 1st round begins!
It was so kecoh seh.... I tossed tossed the wings sotong and beef till my fingers hurt.
Not only that, was perspiring at the same time.
Talking abt steamboat wout aircon.
But it was SO fun! We even completed the session within an hr.


Part of the ingredients such as ready marinated wings easily avail from NTUC.
They even came in flavours such as Teriyaki, Bulgogi (YummY!) and Black Pepper.
We bot the stiry fry beef, prawns and sotong.
Not forgetting the crab meat hotdogs lettuce and mushrooms.


Bro and sis in law got this cake conveniently from Prima Deli.
Tasted a lil like Secret Recipe's banana choc! Not bad.
The 59 candles' idea was instructed by me. hee
Oh yes. Mom turned 59 today. Alhamdulillah.
But I guess she can't wait to turn 60 cos she been nagging at me to apply for her the Senior Citizen ez link.
She also can't wait to enjoy the senior citizens' discounts at Teck Y shopping ctr. Adoi.


Mom was happier this Bday cos she got more presies than usual, besides the presence of her ONLY daughter in law. hee. Apparently this yr bro sis and I din even conspired on her presie.
Sis alr sponsored her cruise trip and will be covering her Taiwan/ Okinawa trip as well, so I thot it'd be best that I got mom's presie on my own. However, sis and bro got mom similar presies for her! Essence of chicken. Plus bird's nest...Will request mom for 1 of the nest. Thankfully, the long blouse I got her from Island Shop fits her just nice. Phew! And I hope she cld wear it for a very very long time. hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home