Thursday, February 28, 2019

Cooking up a storm

I used to bake before getting married. Cupcakes and Raya cookies. Very unlikely of me to be cooking dishes because nothing beats mom’s cooking. Since we got our own place, I had to cook most weekdays and Alhamdulillah had changed the husband’s taste of food. He’s not so much of a fussy eater to begin with except that he doesn’t eat fish with bones. Lucky for me that I do not have to deal with deboning fishes for meals. But I’m guilty of not cooking his favourite dish as often because it’s not my favourite. Hah. He accepted my cooking with ease and open arms mouth. So by now, I am safe to say that I am an expert on dishes such as different types of curry, lemak cili padi, vegetable dishes, tom yum, sambal goreng, sambal udang, etc. Could cook different types of mee too such as Mee Soto, Laksa, Bee Hoon Tauco, Kway Teow Goreng, Mee Goreng and Mee Bandung.


So yesterday for the first time, I whipped Sweet and Sour fish.
It’s so easy to learn how to cook a new dish as you can always google the recipes or even go to Instagram and Youtube to see how the dishes are being done. 


And also for the first time I did this Rojak Buah.
Okla play cheat a bit since I didn’t make the sauce from scratch. But it came all the way from Penang. Spicy and yummy.
I’m gonna tell myself to always always cook for my guests instead of buying food for them. 👩‍🍳 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home