Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Japan trip 2009

Truthfully, I did not dream of going to Japan or Disneyland at all. It just wasn't part of my life plan. But then again, you will not believe it until you see it. Hence, I have to thank the sis profusely and endlessly. For sponsoring the $1496 package and providing me with $200 spending spree. :)

I have never read about Japan only watched it on tv ocassionally. So I did not know what to look forward to and sis was asking me to choose either HK or Japan. Everyone I asked told me to choose the latter and so I told sis accordingly.

Upon arrival in Japan, simply has no idea on what kinda weather to expect but I must say that it's pretty cool. Just like in aircon places only this time aircon by Mother Nature. How I wish our sunny island can have that too.

Japan Fast Facts

  • When we were checked by immigration officer, we were required to take a 'neo print' photo. Yes, they are serious about being kawaii (cute).

  • The officers looked like they come out from comic strips with their bright blue uni and oversized berets

  • The country is so clean cause they took the effort to segregate their rubbish (separate the recycled items)

  • There are 3 storey flyovers in their roads.

  • Their toilet bowls equipped with 'cleaning' functions

  • They are so particular about hygiene that they do not hesitate to put on masks if they are having flu/ cough

  • Sex is part of the human needs and they have LOVE hotels whereby couples can book the room through vending machines (without any front desk) and the doors of the hotel will auto open at the end of booking time

  • Their fashion sense is tip top that you won't find the need for any fashion police

  • The men worked so hard and come home late while the women has to be pretty all the time even when throwing away rubbish outside their homes

I can just go on and on about the differences in our culture. But no doubt I will recommend you to one day visit Japan.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home