Monday, June 15, 2009

Suddenly Married

Yeah! The whole event went on pretty smoothly only that they returned late from the groom's side. hmph! On the other hand, I had a great time talking to old time frens and was dolled up too! Fiance came along in his smart attire and for once in a very very very long time, I melted. heee.

On Sat which was supposedly my off day as the bridesmaid, had a date with my pri sch bes fren. Went to meet up with her at BP but took Merc to Arab St. Yes. That's our first time together hunting for Raya cloths. Was so excited on choosing the cloths, hunting for the tailors and basically making our rounds there. In the end, we managed to get 4 suits for myself while 3 for her. And I must say that I've got a good bargain from $185 to $160 for 4 suits. Weeeee! I guess I have mom's skills on this one. We were so tired after the 3hrs of walking and had dinner at Zam Zam. The last time I dined there was during my Pri school days whereby my Malay teacher treated us there. We took a cab home.

I was to rest today BUT since I already bot the cloths for raya, mom nagged at me to quickly send them off to tailors. So we went Geylang early in the morn. To my dismay, my fave shop Cassandra has stopped accepting tailoring since Apr (darn early sia!) so I was left with no choice but to survey the other shops there. I remembered that I did once with Toko Lisa and so went there for the 2nd option. Was quoted $90 but I found the lady quite unfrenly when mom tried to ask for a lower quote. However, I could tell that she knows her stuff well and even gave me tips on which designs suit me best. Decided to tailor 2 suits at Toko Lisa and surveyed other shops for the balance 2.

Next saw Al Emma which BFF had done her engagement baju. Went in to ask and the price was lower than Toko Lisa. Not sure about the results later though. So that settled my Baju Raya! Wanna know the colors?? Since it's all lacy and lining kinda types, had a fun time mix matching the colors.

  • Hot pink with black lace
  • Turqoise lace with light blue lining and a darker blue for the skirt
  • Light pink with Rusty Pink lace
  • Charcoal lace with burgundy lining
Decided for fiance not to get any new baju for him this yr cos of all the above colors, he has the basic color that could match mine. I'm so excited for Raya already! Yeh yeh nak raya! Yeh yeh! heee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home