Saturday, April 18, 2009

Family Affair

Before we went for the trip, we have actually celebrated dad's 60th. Finding hard where to eat, we settled at Al-Azhar as recommended by bro. And so we did not give him the Owell until after the cake cutting. We had a feast at the nostalgic venue opp Beauty World. Why nostalgic? Cause that was our Lot 1 and West Mall when we were staying in 6th Ave.

Sis paid for dad's gift while bro treated us to the feast. So I bought a bday cake from the Royals for him. Although I've been dying to try the choc cake, I settled for banana choc in the end. I must say that it tasted pretty good. For a bday cake. So here it goes:


And remember that I mentioned I bought close to 7000yen of stuff from Uniqlo?! Ermmm. Believe it anot, I did join the queue today over at Tampines 1! Yeap! That's right. All the way across the island to the East side. I woke up around 8 and was ready by 9.30am. Told mom since last night to get out of the house at 10am sharp. hee! Uniqlo opens only at 11am and when we reached, 2 lanes of queues have already formed. But it moved quickly. And there was this sweet malay girl who was so polite that greeted mom 'Assalamualaikum'. Masuk kedai jepun pun kena kasi salam heh..hehe! I remembered when I was at their airport outlet, the sales people kip shouting something in which I assumed that they were acknowledging our presence.
The staff at the new outlet here were polite too. Of course they must adhere to the Japanese rules. And I spotted a few Japanese guys as well. I am sure they were the ones responsible in guiding the locals on how to operate the shop. And yes, this time around, I splurged another $115 on 6 tops and one pack of socks (3 pairs). It's so worth it! Their tops are long enough to cover my low waist pants. I can't wait for their other outlet at ION to open!
Since mom scratched my back, I have to scratch hers in return. As we were settled in Tampines by 1230, we took 67 to Geylang. Bot another expensive item there, had lunch and quickly took the draggy bus ride home. Haizzz. I'm so avoiding another Geylang trip!
Will continue with a few meet ups next week! Miss all of them dearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home