Saturday, April 25, 2009

OUCH

Last night cardio class was superbly tiring than ever. Teacher was in high spirits and she did a lil change to our routine. She made us use that elastic band thingy and I oh so hate it cos the resistance effect it has on my arms and back was damn painful. I wouldnt wana imagine the cramps that will follow soon.

We walked out of the dance studio with messed hair and shiny faces. Yikes! Felt 'abused'.

Then woke up early this Sat morning just to make it to that 9am appt. No one was there except the receptionist and Mr Dentist walked in at 5mins past 9. The asst called my name and so I settled in the adjustable chair. Mr Dentist asked me what he can do for me today. I briefly told him that I have a shaky tooth. And so he began his examination. Soon after he suggested for an injection for the minor gum prob. And so he took out that HUGE syringe (YIKES) and poked me twice. Aft that he asked me again what else I would want him to do. Told him to do the scaling as well since I am already here.

After the injection, I had a hard time keeping my mouth open. The numbness has taken in. I was told to rinse my mouth ocassionally and once, I did a Merlion. How am I supposed to gargle the water with half of my mouth numbed? The water spouted out of the sink onto the floor. haha! The asst quickly sprayed some disinfectant I believe and wiped it off. I sheepishly apologised to her. heee!

When I bid Mr Dentist goodbye, my whole mouth felt numb. So I just smiled and grinned at the receptionist while making my payment. Made my way to the ladies and threw out all the contained saliva in my mouth. heee.

Upon reaching home, I could barely feel my cheek. Felt so swollen and Mr Fiance just had to make his call. haiizzzz.. I struggled trying to speak to him and he still asked me whether it was painful. Thanks. Instead of empathizing with me, I was laughed at by him. He nagged at me for the sweets I have been taking. Sweets?! Never since I dun like sweets. Chocs?! Maybe. Ice cream?! Absolutely!

Thankfully after an hour, the swell seems to have subsided. Managed to bite a pear just now. Now that mom's porridge is all ready, I'll have my brunch now.

I simply don't like visits to the dentist cos I will not be able to enjoy my food. The last time I had that surgery, I took chicken wings 2 days after the op when I was still supposed to feed on liquid food. And so the thread came off easily. hee.

What a way to start the weekend.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home