Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What's a BridesMaid gotta do?

I haven't really got the time to piece the Bridesmaid's duty I've done like almost 2 wks ago. And now even the newly married BFF already returning from her Honeymoon. The only time I got nearest to a Bridesmaid was when the other BFF got engaged. But that generally, besides driving her Kia and collecting her cake, I was at the Mak Andam's (Make up artist) side. So I was more like the Mak Andam's asst.

And so as mentioned before, I went over to BFF's place on the Thur to help complete the wedding favors to be given out to the kids. We even went over to JWest market to buy additional favors, had a girl's talk at MacD while she lamenting that getting married still doesnt get into her head. Since the Henna artist coming in the evening only, we had dinner first and settled other things like setting up the bedsheet and such. And by the time I knew it, my hands were already stained with Henna. Waited for it to dry up which was pretty fast cos of the fan speed I assumed, seeked permission from the bride to 'punch out'. Got the green light and a cab in a swift. Day 1 done! Yipee.

Solemnization day came and I still managed to go for my brisk walk, had KFC bf, watched movie with fiance and took a super short nap. Anyways, event to start only at 8pm. Rushed over to her place in my pink Kebaya, then changed to my leggings and big T to shred the Bunga Rampai. It was done in no time too. Changed back to my Kebaya while bride was to be dolled up. Assisted in the kitchen for the scooping out of bubur (porridge) and sweat buckets. Kickboxing lessons were not as sweaty as this. When the groom arrived, kept updates to the Bride on what's happening in the hall. When all's done, asked the bride if she wanted a drink. Oh but I forgot that the groom's with her now. So I have to refill the cup for both of them to drink. Seeing them drink tells me how thirsty they both were. When almost everyone dispersed, hugged BFF while she changed to her 2nd outfit and 'punched out'. Day 2 went on smoothly despite the rain.

Saturday was my OFF day.

The real event yet to come and our make up (her sis and I) were settled since the Mak Andam would do for us at a reasonable rate. And even BFF would like to sponsor that for us. But I dare not look at my reflection especially the kening. Yikes! haha. She paid for my Henna too. The perks of being a Bridesmaid! Anyways while BFF was being done up with her make up, I was tasked in...feeding her. Got the food from the kitchen below and fed her a few spoonfuls. When she said enough, I finished up the rest of it. :D And once we were all ready, made our way down to the void deck. Instead of having stressed up faces, we were all giggling and laughing our way to the dais. Funny thing was BFF walked briskly as usual when she was supposed to slow down and be more demure. hehe.

Event came and go and I was basically on the lookout for our poly mates and her friends. Invited them in and informed them of the time she should be back. As she returned late from the groom's side, a few of her friends missed meeting her in person.

When all's done, we went back to the house and they were supposed to continue with their photoshoot. So I made myself scarce not before asking permission to 'punch out' again and hugging the BFF. haiz. Dah jadik isteri orang. That quick!

Went over to fiance's blk to pass him the Nasi minyak and headed home. Thinking of dropping by his place cos it's been some time since I last visited the in-laws but luckily I did not. Otherwise, they'll be shocked at my made-up face.

Even though it was tiring to be a bridesmaid, I felt honoured being one. And instead of feeling all emo and mushy, there were no tears shed. Because the whole event was so light-hearted and happy. I wonder if I'll ever get to be a bridesmaid again.

But for now, it's sis' turn! She's a bridesmaid to her NUS best fren next weekend! Can you imagine FOUR of her close friends are getting hitched this year! I feel her. hee.

Sis will be donning a gown for the church solemnization and a Sari for the dinner at Novotel. Since the bride's like a family fren already, I'll be attending the dinner with both parents. Sheesh. Of course mom and dad are pretty excited since it's been so long they ever had dinner at a hotel. Dad used to have dinners at hotels due to his connection with Union but that was umpteen years ago.

Anyways personally today, I will be catching Shia Labeouf tonite with him. And tomorrow, shopping mission with partner! Yeh! Have ordered VS body mists and lotion even though I still dun get what's so crazy about VS that every minah smells of them now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home