Saturday, August 1, 2009

Word of the Day

Word of the day shall be QUEUE. I queued to have a special lunch at Swensens yesterday. Saw the long queues at both taxi stands and decided to queue for the bus instead. Then this morning I queued to clear my tax and joined the snaking queue outside the bank to do some deposits.



At last, I did not have much plans on a Sat after so long. But to make payments to my mthly bills and tax and did some banking on a weekend morning. Dragged mom to collect my other two baju at the tailor while she killed two birds with one stone by collecting her ordered cushion. Had a brief lunch at the roadside stall and waited under the HOT sun desperately for a cab. It's horrible cos the queue at the Geylang market was long but no cabs were in sight. Luckily for us, a cab just came out from Caltex. But that also was hailed by two ladies before us. Apparently, the Uncle did not wana pick them up so mom hailed eagerly at him. He wind down his window just to confirm that we have small change and in a sec we were already on our way home. Phew! I was about to call a cab already but still thinking whether to mention Lorong Geylang or Changi Road. haa.



Anyways, I am very thankful for the slight increment although it's probably the tiniest I've received so far and also very thankful indeed for the bonus. ;D Sadly, instead of spoiling myself with a big purchase, I thot it wld be better off to save it for near future usage. And so I did not buy anything during the GSS at all.


And craps, I've not been brisk walking again but religiously doing the 50 crunches nightly. But still I did not see any results yet. And now that the kids are coming back real soon, I cant believe that I'm eager to get busy all over again. The fasting month shall follow next and I could already imagine myself snoring again during lunch breaks. hee. Thankfully, this year all my four baju are ready way before the fasting mth starts. This is the first!

Now what shall I do tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home